Health information technology vendors in recent days have announced new products, initiatives or contracts. Among them:
* Speech recognition and transcription vendor Nuance Communications will team with IBM Corp. to integrate Nuance's natural language processing and IBM's clinical language understanding technologies. This will enable the extraction of clinically relevant information from free -form narrative, such as dictation files, according to the vendors
* St. Charles Health System in Bend, Ore., will implement practice management and electronic health records software from Allscripts in owned practices employing about 30 physicians. The four-hospital delivery system also will subsidize the software for affiliated physicians, starting with 70 licenses.
* The McKesson Health Solutions unit of McKesson Corp. will sell the payer analytics software of MedVentive. The software gives access to data at the network, provider, member and claim level. Financial-based analysis includes per member per month calculations, inpatient stay determinations and predictive risk modeling results.
* Krames Patient Education has added hundreds of articles in Arabic and Portuguese to its On-Demand patient education library. On-Demand includes more than 3,300 single-topic "HealthSheets" covering 38 medical specialty areas, as well as 2,000 medication information sheets.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access