Health information technology vendors in recent days have announced new products, initiatives or contracts. Among them:
* Holy Cross Hospital in Taos, N.M., will outsource its billing and collections functions to Watertown, Mass.-based athenahealth Inc. and use the vendor's integrated practice management and electronic health records software in its owned 40-member group practice. The 48-bed hospital also will offer the billing services and software at a subsidized rate to an affiliated group of 30 providers.
* Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania will implement commission and incentive compensation management software from the ActekSoft unit of Callidus Software Inc., Pleasanton, Calif. The initiative is designed to deliver higher service levels to external brokers and internal sales staff, according to the plan.
* Eastern Maine Medical Center has installed and interfaced with its electronic records system the iMedConsent informed consent and patient education software of Dialog Medical, Atlanta. The application includes consent forms for 2,200 procedures and automates the consent process, including digital capture of signatures.
* Medical terminology vendor Health Language Inc. has added a procedure category to its Provider Friendly Terminology code set. The category includes 40,000 synonyms, abbreviations and colloquial expressions commonly used when documenting or searching for patient data, according to the Denver-based company. This enables clinicians to continue using their preferred clinical terms and descriptions, which could encourage broader electronic health records adoption.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access