Health Information technology vendors have announced new products, services and initiatives in recent days. Among them:
* Software from AirStrip Technologies that enables transmission of patient information from monitoring devices and electronic health records to a clinician's mobile device now is available for downloading from the Apple App Store. The application works on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. The iPad version enables the following of real-time waveforms on several patients simultaneously, according to the San Antonio-based vendor.
* San Diego-based Anvita Health has several new functions in version 4.0 of its Anvita Insight clinical analytics software. A real-time hybrid mode enables point-of-care data to be mixed with batched data, such as medical and pharmacy claims, then analyzed in real-time. The application also now enables the viewing of generalized population summary statistics and individual patient cases together.
* The Department of Veterans Affairs will implement the mental health electronic health records software of DSS Inc., Juno Beach, Fla., in its 153 hospitals. More than 50 of the hospitals had already implemented the suite and the new contact will bring in the rest. DSS is a vendor of applications for the VA's VistA clinical information system, as well as Department of Defense and Indian Health Services EHRs.
* Health insurer Cigna Corp. is making its Cost of Care Estimator software available to physicians in targeted markets through the clearinghouses of Availity, NaviNet, Passport Health and RealMed. The software, which the insurer introduced in April 2009, gives an estimate, based on a covered patient's benefit plan, of the total cost of services including the amounts insurance and the patient will pay.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access