New investments, partnerships, transaction processing services and mobile applications highlight recent health information technology vendor announcements. Among them:
* Medicare/Medicaid transactions processor ABILITY Network Inc., formerly VisionShare, has received $27 million in capital investments from Bain Capital Ventures and existing investor Lemhi Ventures. In addition to handling claims submission, eligibility, claim status and other transactions, the vendor offers a master patient index assessment service to identify duplicate records. It also resells records cleanup and verification services from consulting firm Just Associates.
* Dossia, which offers a personal health records application that 10 large employers in turn offer to their employees, is using the Language Engine terminology management software of Health Language Inc. to translate clinical diagnosis and procedure descriptions into consumer-friendly terms. The term "epistaxis," for instance, is translated to "nosebleed." Dossia has embedded the technology in its Health Management System that aggregates users' personal health information from a variety of sources.
* Medco Health Solutions has introduced a mobile application enabling physicians and patients to identify the lowest-cost appropriate prescription drug and check for drug interactions. The application runs on Verizon Wireless Android and Blackberry devices. The application also has information on out-of-pocket costs and a medication history. Medco, a pharmacy benefit management firm, serves 65 million members.
* GE Healthcare will embed in its Centricity Perinatal information system the PeriCALM Patterns decision support software of PeriGen Inc. The software gives real-time analysis of labor progress and fetal heart rate.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access