Health information technology vendors have made several announcements in recent days. They include:
* Welch Allyn has introduced the Connex ProBP 3400 handheld digital blood pressure device. It enables the transfer of readings to electronic health records via Bluetooth wireless technology or USB cables, according to the vendor. The device's battery provides at least 100 readings between charges and the memory retains up to 50 readings.
* The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has deemed the electronic health records software of SuccessEHS as supporting the 2011 Physician Quality Reporting System, previously called the Physician Quality Reporting Initiative.
* The Association of Health Information Outsourcing Services has named Richard Logan as executive director. He succeeds Michael Bellenghi, who passed away in July 2010. Logan is a co-founder of the association and previously served as CEO of Medicare Records Associates Inc., a release of information services firm.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access