Health information technology vendors have announced new products, services or initiatives in recent days. Among them:
* WellDoc Inc. has integrated its DiabetesManager software with the Enterprise EHR of Allscripts. The integration combines a patient coaching/clinical decision support disease management platform with the workflow properties of the EHR. This enables pre-population of patient information from the EHR into the platform to ease customization of DiabetesManager's algorithms to a patient's treatment regimen. Changes made in the EHR trigger reconfiguring of the coaching system, such as lifestyle and medication adjustments, enabling more personalized behavioral coaching, according to the firms.
* Cerner Corp. will resell Baxa Corp.'s DoseEdge System for dose tracking of IV medications from compounding to delivery. Integration of DoseEdge with Cerner's infusion management and pharmacy systems will create a closed-loop system for IV medication preparation and embed IV mixing data in the electronic health record, according to the vendors.
* McKesson Corp. now has 100 hospitals using its Paragon financial/clinical hospital information system following implementation at Community Hospitals and Wellness Centers in Bryan, Ohio. The delivery system implemented the HIS at three facilities within 16 months of signing the contract.
* WebPT Inc., a vendor of electronic medical records software for physical therapists, has raised $1 million in a round of funding. Canal Partners and an individual investor led the deal. WebPT has 5,000 physical therapist clients and will use the funds to expand product development, sales and marketing and infrastructure.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access