UnitedHealthcare's free mobile app Health4Me is now available to all consumers. The app gives users access to an array of healthcare information, including the ability to review market average prices for more than 520 medical services.
Health4Me is designed to help all consumers make more informed decisions regarding their care, including the ability to:
* Locate nearby healthcare providers, and convenience care, urgent care and emergency care facilities
* Review market average prices for more than 520 medical services across 290 episodes of care, providing a comprehensive view of what consumers should expect throughout their course of treatment
* More easily anticipate and manage healthcare expenses based on local estimates
UnitedHealthcare is among the first national healthcare companies to enable all consumers to comparison shop for medical services using a "guest" version of myHealthcare Cost Estimator, a mobile medical price transparency service available through Health4Me. Consumers can download for free the Health4Me app through the iPhone and Android apps stores. More than 900,000 UnitedHealthcare plan participants have already downloaded the Health4Me app.
Any consumer using myHealthcare Cost Estimator can estimate the cost of more than 520 common services across more than 290 "episodes of care," which creates a comprehensive view of what consumers should expect throughout their course of treatment, from the time they first visit the doctor to the test or procedure, and through physical therapy or any necessary follow-up care. The cost information is based on local averages for each care path step.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access