Here is Health Data Management’s weekly roundup of health information technology contracts and implementations.
- The University of Virginia Health System currently uses health record aggregation software from eHealth Technologies to aid in gathering all necessary information being referred to specialty care. The facility now is extending use of the software at its Emily Couric Clinical Cancer Center. The technology enables clinicians to access an indexed medical record prior to a patient visit and can help remove the burden of records collection from staff, patients and caregivers.
- Memorial Medical Center in Springfield, Ill., wants more reliable cellular coverage and capacity within the facility and will implement the CommScope ION-E wireless infrastructure. Another vendor, RF Connect, will do the actual work that includes radio frequency design, installation, commissioning and carrier integration.
- Inova Health System, serving northern Virginia and the DC metropolitan region, has installed clinical decision support and data analytics software from Stanson Health. “Stanson’s tools read patient-specific information in real-time and suggest opportunities for better care right within the workflow of our EHR,” Neal Chawla, associate CMIO and associate CMO for clinical effectiveness at Inova, said in a statement. “We can then analyze these interactions in the background to optimize over time.”
- Advocare, a large multi-specialty group practice with nearly 600 providers across 190 sites in New Jersey and the Philadelphia region, is implementing a 20-Megabits-per-second Ethernet dedicated Internet line from Comcast Business. The goal is to support electronic health records optimization, improve access to cloud-based applications and deliver better care. The line is live at about 50 care centers and corporate headquarters. The services can scale to 1 Gigabit-per-second of network capacity.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access