New contract signings announced by health information technology vendors during the week of December 7-11 include providers such as Adventist Health and Scripps Health:
* Adventist Health is buying the electronic health records, practice management and patient engagement software of Athenahealth for its 1,600 employed physicians across 10 states. Athenahaelth will connect to Adventist’s internal health information exchange, and the vendor also will integrate to the Adventist acute and post-acute electronic health records.
* San Diego-based Scripps Health will use the Health Gorilla Clinical Network to enable its physician medical group practices and independent physicians and nurses to access Scripps’ imaging and laboratory data to avoid repeat tests, eliminate errors in care, place electronic orders and reduce costs.
Also See: Top HIT Buys of the Month
* Kaleida Health, serving eight counties in western New York, has selected the ECM document imaging and management software of Ascend Software for its accounts payable department to improve workflows, eliminate paper processes, speed decision making by automatically routing documents for approval and lower operational costs.
* Southwest Diagnostic Imaging serving the Phoenix region will implement the Centricity Business software suite of GE Healthcare, as well as the DenialsIQ denial management software to better understand A/R days, denial rates and cost-to-collect.
* France-based MEDTECH has sold its ROSA robotic brain surgery system to Children’s Hospital of Atlanta and Children’s Hospital Colorado. Atlanta is known for its expertise in neurology and neurosurgery, and Colorado is known for its treatment of epilepsy.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access