New contract signings that health information technology vendors announced during the week of Oct. 30-Nov. 4 include providers such as Stanford Children’s Health, Baystate Health and Yuma Regional Medical Center, among others:
* Yale-New Haven Hospital in Connecticut bought software from Mobile Heartbeat to facilitate clinician communications via smartphones within the enterprise. The software, called MH-CURE, is free to community physicians, so the hospital also will be making it available to them.
* Stanford Children’s Health in California and Weill Cornell Medicine in New York City are recent clients of DICOM Grid, which sells cloud-based medical image management software. Stanford and Weill Cornell also will exchange images and reports with other providers.
* Yuma Regional Medical Center in Arizona has contracted for an enterprise medical imaging platform from Mach7 to improve interoperability and reduce bottlenecks, such as imaging acquisition and distribution wait times, that can be caused by picture archiving and communication systems.
* Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center in Nevada selected the Lightspeed Valet software of Vincari that prompts surgeons for specific information when doing clinical documentation using ICD-10 codes. The application integrates with a provider’s electronic health records system.
* Baystate Health in Massachusetts chose the Cortext secure messaging platform of Imprivata, which also is available to members of the local Pioneer Valley Information Exchange. The software supports patient status updates, quick consultations, referral requests and alerts to physicians, among other functions.
* Glens Falls Hospital in New York State is moving to Cerner as its sole electronic health records vendor. The hospital currently uses Cerner for inpatient and ED services, GE Healthcare for registration and billing, and Epic for outpatient services.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access