Here are new contract signings that health information technology vendors announced during the week of August 17:
* Allscripts and Cerner will integrate electronic prior authorization software from CoverMyMeds into their electronic health records systems. The software enables physicians to know at the time of prescribing if preauthorization is needed so dispensing of a prescription is not delayed. The software also expands the number of insurers that the vendors can connect to.
* Buffalo Ultrasound is the first mobile imaging data service to join Western New Yorks health information exchange, called HEALTHeLINK. The connectivity enables more than 3,400 physicians to access radiology and echocardiography studies as well as reports.
* NeuroPsychiatric Hospitals, which includes three facilities in Indiana, will implement the hospital financial information system and electronic health records of MEDHOST. The vendor markets primarily to smaller hospitals as well as specialty hospitals.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access