Employee Benefit News and Employee Benefit Advisor, two sister publications of Health Data Management, have developed the PPACA Interactive Timeline, a Web service that lays out and briefly explains more than 40 provisions of the Accountable Care Act and when the provisions become effective between 2010 and 2018.
For instance, provisions kicking in during 2011 include:
* Cafeteria plan safe harbor rules;
* New voluntary long-term care coverage through a federal program;
* An increased penalty for nonqualified withdrawals from HSAs and Archer MSAs;
* Prohibiting FSA, HSA and HRA reimbursement of most over-the-counter medicines without a prescription;
* Reporting of the value of employer-sponsored health coverage on the employee's W-2 excluding salary reduction amounts to health FSAs, HSAs, and MSAs; and
* Creation of a 5-year grant program awarded by HHS to eligible small employers to form comprehensive workplace wellness programs.
The PPACA Interactive Timeline is available here.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access