The Kodak Alaris document imaging division, patient portal vendor Access My Records and clinical data exchange vendor Inofile have jointly developed a provider-to-patient portal to exchange data using the Direct Project secure messaging protocols.
The product, which also can replace faxing, enables the messaging of unstructured and structured information as a Continuity of Care Document or using the Clinical Document Architecture format, regardless of whether the provider is using an electronic health record, a paper-based system or a hybrid, according to the vendors. They are touting the product as supporting Stage 2 meaningful use requirements for making information available to patients.
In other health information vendor news:
* Epic Systems Corp. will offer to clients the CompletERA medication prior authorization software of Surescripts. The software integrates into a physicians electronic health records workflow to facilitate electronic information between providers and pharmacy benefit management firms, according to the vendors.
* Premier Inc. is adding predictive analytics from Predixion Software to its PremierConnect database of patient hospital data and provider purchases. The companies are developing analytics capabilities supporting new care management products to improve population health management. The first product gives real-time risk scores on patients at risk for readmissions while they are still in the hospital, and offers targeted interventions.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access