Carestream, Allscripts and patient education vendor Emmi Solutions have recently introduced significant additions to their products lines:
* Medical imaging software vendor Carestream has announced availability in early 2013 of a new patient portal that will give authorized online access to imaging exams and reports. Patients will be able to share the information with other physicians. Houston Medical Imaging, which operates three centers in the city, is testing the portal, called MyVue. The practice offered the portal to nearly 1,500 patients over three months, with half of them logging in to view their studies, says Randall Stenoien, M.D., CEO and a radiologist. During that testing period, Houston Medical Imaging’s information technology department received 47 phone calls for assistance, and most of them were to reset passwords or other minor issues not related to actually using the portal, Stenoien adds. The vendor expects the portal to be available in February or March.
* Allscripts has introduced Sunrise Financial Manager, a successor to the Patient Financial Manager product picked up in the acquisition of hospital vendor Eclipsys. Whereas Patient Financial Manager was on a separate platform, the new financial system is built on a platform that also includes the Sunrise Clinical Manager, Enterprise Registration and Enterprise Scheduling systems to better support accountable care organizations and other new payment/delivery models, according to the vendor.
* Patient education vendor Emmi Solutions has introduced a patient reminder service to improve engagement and support population health management. The EmmiPrevent service uses automated interactive voice response telephone calls to remind patients of gaps in care and to schedule an appointment. Summa Health Network in Ohio was a pilot site and focused on increasing eye screenings of patients with diabetes. Twenty-three percent of such patients contacted made the appointment and got treated.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access