Content vendor LexisNexis, release of information software firm MRO Corp. and ambulatory vendor PracticeMax have announced acquisitions in recent days to expand their product line or market share:
* LexisNexis’ Risk Solutions unit acquired provider database and analytics firm Enclarity for an undisclosed price. Enclarity operates the Master Provider Referential Database containing more than 160 million records on 6.5 million providers, along with analytics capabilities. It also offers software to find and correct discrepancies in data, and match national provider identifiers to legacy IDs. Enclarity clients include major insurers, preferred provider organizations, pharmaceutical firms and medical device manufacturers. Improving the accuracy of provider information optimizes marketing campaigns and increases the percentage of claims that insurers can auto-adjudicate, according to Enclarity. LexisNexis Risk Solutions already includes clinical analytics company MEDai and fraud/waste/abuse vendor EDIWatch.
* Pennsylvania-based MRO Corp. has made a regional buy, increasing its market share in Louisiana with the pick-up of release information services vendor MTT Enterprises LLC in Metairie. MRO, which did not disclose the price or number MTT clients, will transition them to the MRO technology platform that includes secure messaging to Medicare Recovery Audit Contractors. MRO’s Web portal also will aid MTT clients in compiling with Stage 2 view/download/transmit meaningful use criteria.
* Scottsdale, Ariz.-based PracticeMax, a vendor of practice management/electronic health records software along with billing/collections and practice optimization consulting services, has bought Chicagoland regional vendor Medi-Data Service for an undisclosed price. Medi-Data has served the region since 1969. PracticeMax gets a footprint in the huge Chicago market and access to more types of specialists, while Medi-Data gets a partner to better serve accountable care organizations, medical homes and integrated delivery systems.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access