Three health information exchanges have announced new milestones, initiatives or customer go-lives. They include:
* East Side Clinical Laboratory is the first live clinical-sharing client of currentcare, Rhode Island's state HIE, which has more than 165,000 patients currently enrolled. Diagnostic results from the lab's enrolled patients now are being transmitted to currentcare, which uses the HealthShare HIE platform of InterSystems Corp.
* The Hamburg, N.Y., practice of Charles Travagliato, DDS, and Donna Bitka, DDS, is the first dental practice to link to Buffalo's HEALTHeLINK health information exchange. Among other benefits, the practice will have access to medical and medication histories when an emergency patient comes in with an infection and severe pain, Travagliato says. More than 250,000 residents of HEALTHeLINK's service area have signed consent forms to have their data accessed via the HIE.
* Sandlot LLC, an HIE serving the Dallas-Fort Worth region in Texas, has added five new Texas Health Resources hospitals, in addition to seven previously connected. Texas Health Resources has 24 hospitals. The new HIE additions are Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospitals in Allen, Dallas, Kaufman and Plano. Sandlot houses nearly two million patient records and has more than 65,000 daily transactions.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access