The HIMSS18 conference begins on March 5 with a day-long pre-conference symposia consisting of 10 separate educational sessions examining a variety of healthcare information technology issues. Here are two samples:
AMDIS/HIMSS Physician Executive Symposium: Shifting from computer care to patient care.
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
This symposium will explore barriers and opportunities to support optimum care and improve the physician/patient experience; the role of machine learning/artificial intelligence; the potential of telemedicine, predictive analytics, data governance and strategic data use; and the balance between ubiquitous health IT functionality and the reality of current cybersecurity concerns.
Business of Healthcare Symposium: Going from good to great in a value-based world.
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The transition from fee-for-service to pay-for-value payment models is one of the greatest financial challenges in healthcare. Explore how successful organizations navigate these uncharted waters by reimaging their patient engagement strategies.
Other available symposia include:
* Compliance Symposium: Mastering compliance: What you must know.
* Coordinated and Connected Care Symposium: Tackling the challenge of connected and coordinated care.
* Innovation Symposium: Innovation as a strategic imperative.
* HIMSS/SHIEC Interoperability & HIE Symposium: Facilitating person-centered interoperable HIE to manage complex populations.
* Long-term and Post-acute care Symposium: Digital health in and with LTPAC settings;
* Nursing informatics symposium: Demonstrating nursing value through Health IT;
* Population health symposium: Chasing one medicine—the next generation of consumer and community-centric healthcare; and
* Precision medicine symposium: Journey to the summit using clinical and business intelligence.
And, as always, the first day of HIMSS includes the ever-popular HIMSS-CHIME Cybersecurity Forum: Many healthcare organizations have acknowledged the new reality of healthcare cybersecurity. To stay ahead of the curve we need to exchange meaningful and vetted information with our peers—an endeavor that goes beyond acquiring the latest and greatest in security solutions.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access