What do physicians most want to know about the presidential candidates' views on health care issues?
Online physician community operator Sermo asked members to submit their top two questions and got about 150 submissions from 440 voters. These two questions got the most votes:
* When and how will you address tort reform?
* How will you encourage and retain physicians, especially those in primary care and treating Medicare/Medicaid patients?
The questions mirror physician concerns highlighted in results from two member surveys Sermo conducted in July. One survey of 1,233 physicians found 65 percent said they would order fewer tests if tort reform established a mandatory $100,000 cap on malpractice awards. The other survey of 822 members found 20 percent believe they will leave the medical profession within five years with another 28 percent expecting to retire.
More information on the online community, its services and the views of its members is available at sermo.com.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access