A survey of nearly 800 information technology professionals across multiple industries with some responsibility for data security finds gaps in their knowledge of how secure their data is or should be on mobile devices or stored in a cloud application.
WatchDox, a vendor of mobile security products, commissioned research firm Ponemon Institute to conduct the survey. In a new report, “The Risk of Regulated Data on Mobile Devices and in the Cloud,” two-thirds of respondents agree that their organization must comply with federal and state privacy and breach laws, but only 18 percent know that these laws also cover protection of regulated data on mobile devices.
Other survey results include:
* More than 80 percent of respondents did not know how much of their regulated data was on mobile devices or on cloud file sharing services,
* Controls are weak with 73 percent relying on manual policies and 12 percent using mobile device management tools, and
* The average organization had nearly five mobile device data breaches during the past two years.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access