A stunning 86 out of 100 responding health care payers in the fifth of a series of periodic surveys on ICD-10 readiness worry that providers won't be ready by the October 2013 compliance date to submit claims using ICD-10 codes. Only 9 percent of surveyed payers have begun testing provider submitted data.
That compares with a 75 percent rate of payers worried about provider progress in a survey taken during the third quarter of 2010. Gantry Group, a Concord, Mass.-based market research firm, is conducting the surveys for The TriZetto Group, a Greenwood Village, Colo.-based payer software vendor. Other results of the fifth survey, completed in February 2011, include:
* As of February with 11 months until the HIPAA 5010 transactions deadline, 47 percent of surveyed payers have built or mapped 4010 to 5010 files;
* Only 9 percent of surveyed payers have completed 5010 trading partner testing; and
* Health insurers increasingly are more receptive to receiving ICD-10 assistance from vendors with infrastructure modifications, strategic planning, care management upgrades and testing.
An executive summary of survey results is available here. Registration is required.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access