Physicians have taken an assertive role in health I.T., and Health Data Management is recognizing a dozen physician I.T. leaders for their efforts to adopt, develop and implement life-saving technology at provider and payer organizations.
The physicians recognized for their I.T. achievements will be profiled in print and online, and will be presented their awards at an event during the annual MGMA Conference, Oct. 23-26 in Las Vegas.
Nominations will be accepted from colleagues and coworkers, and public/media relations staff within a provider/payer organization or at health I.T. vendor partners. Self-nominations will be accepted. All nominations and questions should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
* A short biography of the nominee including full name, job title and job responsibilities, education, work history and the number of employees under the direct management of the nominee.
* Name of their organization and details including location, number of employees and number of licensed beds for a hospital, number of physicians for a group practice, or number of covered lives for a health plan.
* In-depth explanation in 1,000 words or less of why the nominee should be recognized as one of the digital dozen, including information on:
1. Specific projects during which the nominee designed, implemented and/or championed health I.T. Included should be a brief project timeline that includes the goal of the project, what technology was used, and key milestones and when they were met.
2. How the nominee's involvement in health I.T. improved the care quality of their organization. Must include quality metrics and other demonstrable clinical benefits from the technology.
3. All I.T. projects that make a real impact run into technological/managerial hurdles. Please list one or two hurdles encountered and information on how they were overcome.
4. The names and contact information of key internal and external partners on the project.
A panel comprising HDM editors and industry experts will judge the nominations. The deadline for submissions is Friday, Aug. 19. Winners will be announced on Monday, Aug. 29.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access