Publicly held health information technology vendors are starting to report financial results for their most recent quarter. Among the early reporters:
* Third quarter net income for Cerner Corp. rose 29 percent to $78.8 million compared with the same period a year ago, as revenue increased 24 percent to $571.6 million.
* Community hospital information systems vendor Computer Programs and Systems Inc. saw little revenue growth but big gains in net income during its third quarter. Revenue increased only 2.8 percent to $42 million over the third quarter of 2010, but profit spiked 22.5 percent to $6 million. The company, as customary, will pay shareholders a quarterly cash dividend of 36 cents per share.
* Next generation versions of its medication and supply management applications helped ancillary hospital vendor Omnicell increase third quarter net income to $3 million, compared with $1.3 million during the same period a year ago. Revenue rose more than 14 percent to $64.4 million.
* Quality Systems Inc., whose results primarily come from its NextGen product line, saw fiscal 2012 second quarter net income rise 53 percent to $20.5 million. Quarterly revenue hit $107.6 million, up 32 percent from the same period in fiscal 2011.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access