A delivery system and three vendors have recently announced new health information technology applications for mobile computing devices. They include:
* Carolinas HealthCare System in Charlotte, N.C., has introduced CMC Health, its first mobile app. It enables consumers to find a location within the delivery system and get contact information and GPS directions, check wait times, and search for a physician by name, specialty, practice, ZIP code and keywords. The delivery system this fall will launch an expanded version to support its women's health program. More information is available at carolinasmedicalcenter.org/mobile.
* Healthcare Blue Book has a free iPhone app that provides treatment price information to consumers. An enhanced app that employers can purchase lets their employees search for in-network providers who offer the best value. "There is no reason a patient should pay $3,500 for an MRI when you can get the same quality test for $700 at another location," says Jeffrey Rice, M.D., CEO at Healthcare Blue Book. The apps are available at the Apple App Store.
* Greenway Medical Technologies has launched a new PrimeMOBILE app for the iPad and iPad 2 to access the vendor's practice management, electronic health record and health information exchange systems. The company issued an app for the iPhone last year and plans an Android version this fall.
* Intelligent Medical Objects now has its IMO Problem and IMO Procedure terminologies available on iPhone and iPad applications. The company's terminology products have been available as embedded components in electronic health records systems from Allscripts, Cerner, Epic, Greenway and NextGen, among others, as well as via a Web portal. The mobile and EHR-accessed terminologies support ICD-9-CM, CPT, SNOMED CT, HCPCS, RxNorm, ICD-10-CA and ICD-10 WHO. The company in October will release ICD-10-CM for EHRs and mobile devices.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access