A new privacy and security workgroup comprising members of the HIT Policy and Security Committees will hold its first meetings on June 10 and 11.
David Blumenthal, M.D., national coordinator for health information technology, called for creation of the group, called the Privacy & Security Tiger Team. It will coordinate the work of the committees in the privacy and security arenas. Members of the team include:
* Deven McGraw of the Center for Democracy & Technology as co-chair,
* Paul Egerman of eScription Inc. as co-chair,
* Dixie Baker of SAIC,
* Christine Bechtel of the National Partnership for Women & Families,
* Rachel Block of the New York State Department of Health,
* Neil Calman of the Institute for Family Health,
* Carol Diamond of the Markle Foundation,
* Judy Faulkner of Epic Systems Corp.,
* Gayle Harrell of Florida representing consumers,
* John Houston of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center,
* David Lansky of the Pacific Business Group on Health,
* David McCallie of Cerner Corp.,
* Wes Rishel of Gartner Inc.,
* Micky Tripathi of Massachusetts eHealth Collaborative, and
* Latanya Sweeney of Carnegie Mellon University.
Information on the meetings is available at http://healthit.hhs.gov/facas.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access