This week's roundup of health information technology contracts and implementations:
- Parkview Health in Fort Wayne, Ind., will implement mobile voice and secure text communication software in four of its nine hospitals under a contract with Vocera Communications. The software will be on mobile computers and wearable, hands-free badges. Over time, the organization expects all its hospitals will use the technology. Parkview’s 10,000 employees serve more than 820,000 residents of northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio and is the region’s largest employer.
- East Jefferson General Hospital in Metairie, La., will outsource management of such functions as patient access, health information management, clinical documentation improvement and patient financial services. The vendor, nThrive, which was previously known as MedAssets, also will assist in a revenue cycle transformation initiative. The contract covers five years.
- San Diego-based Scripps Health is using the DataNext analytics products of Sentry Data Systems to aid in improving patient outcomes. Using Sentry’s proprietary data set with information from 82 million patients, Scripps Health will analyze the triaging of patients, implement evidence-based care plans, tackle inappropriate admissions and readmissions, optimize length of stay, assess episodes of care and manage pharmacy costs.
- GoHealth Urgent Care, with 23 centers in the New York metropolitan region and 14 centers in Portland, Ore., is putting in the Rhapsody integration engine of Orion Health to improve connectivity and coordination with local providers. GoHealth expects this summer to expand to the San Francisco market. Orion Health also has a new contact with Oasis Hospital in the United Arab Emirates, its first deal within that region of the world.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access