American Well, which provides an online patient/physician consultation platform for payers to offer to covered members, is rolling out new services.
The Boston-based vendor's Online Care system enables patients to conduct real-time Web consultations with available physicians within a payer's network. Click here for a more detailed explanation of how the technology works.
The company has developed a "team" edition that lets primary care physicians link to specialists during a patient encounter. The other new service connects physicians with their own patients so they can schedule a mix of "real" and online encounters with their patient panels.
During an interview at the 2010 AHIP Institute in Las Vegas, CEO Roy Schoenberg. M.D., ticked off a few other notable developments:
* Delta Airlines has announced the American Well service will be available to all its employees nationwide,
* Rite-Aid will use the platform to provide customers with in-store, real-time clinical consultations with its pharmacist network,
* BlueCross BlueShield of Hawaii is using American Well services for post-op consultations and care for surgical patients, many of who fly in from outlying islands to Honolulu for procedures and are difficult to see face-to-face after surgery, and
* Insurer WellPoint Inc. will offer the Online Care service in select markets beginning in late 2010.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access