The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology is drafting a five-year federal health I.T. strategic plan and expects to publish it in early 2011.
In a new entry on ONC's blog, the office lays out four objectives for empowering consumers to better manage their health through use of I.T. and seeks public comment. The objectives, which include ONC ideas on how to achieve them, are:
* Engage consumers in federal health I.T. policy and programs,
* Accelerate consumer access to electronic health information,
* Foster innovation in consumer health I.T., and
* Drive consumer-provider electronic communications.
To access the full blog posting from Jodi Daniel, director of the office of planning and policy at ONC and to comment, click here.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access