The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology has announced members of a new privacy and security workgroup within the HIT Policy Committee, a federal advisory body.
The HIT Standards Committee has had a privacy and security workgroup, and National Coordinator David Blumenthal suggested the policy committee do the same.
The workgroup members, with those who also serve on the HIT Policy Committee in bold, are:
* Dixie Baker of SAIC,
* Peter Basch, M.D. of Medstar Health,
* John Blair, M.D., of Taconic IPA,
* Marianna Bledsoe of the National Institutes of Health,
* Rachel Block of the New York State Department of Health as workgroup co-chair,
* Joyce Debow of AARP,
* Paul Egerman of eScription Inc.,
* Judith Faukner of Epic Systems Corp.,
* Justine Handleman of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association,
* Gayle Harrell, a former Florida state legislator,
* John Houston of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center,
* Michael Klag of Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health,
* Deven McGraw of the Health Privacy Project as workgroup co-chair,
* Terri Shaw of Children's Partnership,
* Latanya Sweeny of Carnegie Mellon University,
* Paul Tang of Palo Alto Medical Foundation, and
* Paul Uhrig of SureScripts.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access