Claims clearinghouse and revenue cycle management vendor The SSI Group will resell automated claim status software from Recondo Technology.
The software, called ClaimStatusPlus, automatically queries insurer websites to retrieve, normalize and present information about submitted claims, including details of problems with denied claims and workflows to aid staff in remediating partially or fully denied claims, according to the vendors.
Other recent news from health information technology vendors includes:
* Healthshare Exchange of Southeastern Pennsylvania will implement health information exchange software from the Mirth subsidiary of Quality Systems Inc., which also owns NextGen Healthcare Information Systems. The suite of services includes secure messaging software using the Direct protocol and a provider directory, an integration engine, master patient index and central data repository. The HIE serves the greater Philadelphia region.
* Clearinghouse ZirMed has new denial and appeal management software to support a paperless appeals process, with pilot client sites averaging decreased time spent recovering claims by 66 percent. Payer-specific paperwork is automatically provided, auto-populated and printed and mailed on the providers behalf, according to the company. The software also filters out unnecessary adjustments so staff only sees the denials that need to be addressed. In a statement, Amy Myrick, revenue cycle team lead at Johns Hopkins, said the organization receives denials 10 to 13 business days before they would previously have been generated in-house.
* T-System, vendor of emergency department T Sheets for paper documentation and also selling an ER electronic health records system, has joined the CommonWell Health Alliance of vendors cooperating to enhance interoperability. The company touts 40 percent of ERs and similar facilities such as urgent care centers as clients.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access