Online physician-patient consultation software vendor American Well has introduced an enhanced version of its Online Care product. New features in Version 6.0 include:
* Mobile (iPhone, iPad & iPod) availability for patients, starting with voice consultations and late this summer with two-way video, with physicians able to manage online waiting rooms and send and receive secure messages via mobile apps;
* One-click connectivity between a patient and physician;
* Capability to transfer a patient to an affiliated provider at the conclusion of an online consult to better support care coordination; and
* The ability to plug certain medication devices into patient and physician computers to transmit data and readings during a consultation. These devices include derma-cams to examine skin conditions, opthalmoscopes, stethoscopes, otoscopes and spirometers.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access