A group of primary care practices in New York’s Hudson Valley has been granted status as Level 3 patient-centered medical homes by the National Committee for Quality Assurance. Members of the Taconic IPA, the practices encompass 236 physicians within 11 primary care practice groups. Level 3 is NCQA’s highest level of recognition of the medical home model, which emphasizes a team-based approach to care delivery and depends heavily on the use of clinical I.T. Tools such as electronic health records, electronic prescribing, and automated clinical decision support figured in NCQA’s evaluation of the IPA’s efforts. The medical home transformation project was managed by the Taconic Health Information Network and Community, a not-for-profit organization that includes providers, payers, employers, public health agencies, quality organizations, consumers and local leaders to address quality and safety issues.
The Hudson Valley practices that earned NCQA recognition are:
* Bridge Street Family Medicine in Saugerties, NY, six physicians;
* Clarkstown Pediatric Associates, headquartered in New City, NY, nine physicians at three sites;
* Community Primary Care in Hopewell Junction, NY, solo physician;
* Crystal Run, headquartered in Middletown, NY, 42 physicians at six sites;
* Hudson River HealthCare, headquartered in Peekskill, NY, 28 physicians at 11 sites;
* Hudson Valley Primary Care in Wappingers Falls, NY, two physicians;
* Imtiaz A. Mallick, MD, FACP in Fishkill, NY, solo physician;
* Institute for Family Health, headquartered in New Paltz, NY, 27 physicians at five sites;
* Mount Kisco Medical Group, headquartered in Mount Kisco, NY, 59 physicians at 11 sites;
* Open Door Family Medical Group, headquartered in Ossining, NY, 16 physicians at four sites; and
* WestMed Medical Group, headquartered in Purchase, NY, 45 physicians at seven sites.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access