GE Healthcare and Microsoft Corp. have picked Caradigm as the new name for a joint venture announced in December.
Under the venture, Microsoft contributes its Amalga data aggregation and analytics software, as well as the single-sign-on and context management software acquired several years ago when it bought Sentillion. GE Healthcare brings its health information exchange software, called eHealth, and its Qualibria bedside advanced clinical decision support software being developed with Intermountain Healthcare in Utah and Mayo Clinic.
The vendors expect during the first half of 2012 to launch Caradigm as a platform to improve population health management. The companies previously announced that Michael Simpson, currently vice president and general manager at GE Healthcare Information Technologies, will leave the post and become CEO of joint venture. Other senior officers of Caradigm have been now been announced and will include:
* Brandon Savage, M.D., chief medical officer at GE Healthcare IT who will become CMO and senior vice president of product strategy at Caradigm;
* Neal Singh, general manager of Microsoft Dynamics AX Global Financial Management who will become chief technology officer and senior vice president of engineering;
* Nigel Mason, director of GE Healthcare Commercial Centre of Excellence who will become COO;
* Tami Lamp, senior director of human resources at Microsoft who will become chief people officer; and
* Warren Ratliff, chief counsel at GE Healthcare IT Knowledge & Connectivity Solutions who will become general counsel and vice president.
Caradigm’s board will include John Dineen, president and CEO of GE Healthcare; Jan de Witte, president and CEO of GE Healthcare IT and Performance Solutions; Kirill Tatarinov, president of Microsoft Business Solutions Division; and Amy Hood, corporate vice president and CFO of Microsoft Business Division.
Caradigm will exhibit at HIMSS12 in Las Vegas.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access