Health Data Management’s weekly roundup of health IT contracts and deployments includes an endorsement of an EHR by a primary care network and an implementation of Cerner’s Millennium at two hospitals in Ohio.
- MedLion Management, a direct primary care network with more than 300 physicians in 25 states, has endorsed for its members the web-based Amazing Charts InLight EHR for billing and documentation. Samir Qamar, CEO at MedLion, pilot tested the system at his practice. The EHR also supports scheduling, mobile patient secure messaging, e-prescribing, fax integration and interfaces with LabCorp and Quest Labs, among other functions.
- Lake Health, with two hospitals serving Northeast Ohio, will implement the Cerner Millennium electronic health record system. The organization believes the initiative will ease integration with its physician network and enable patients to benefit from a single health record accessible from a patient portal. The contract includes data analytics and population health management modules.
- Lincoln Surgical Hospital in Nebraska is moving away from paper processes by putting in an electronic forms management platform from Access Passport. The hospital initially will use the technology in patient registration to capture patient forms and electronic signatures. Once all forms are signed, the system will transmit them to the appropriate patient records in its Meditech EHR. Lincoln Surgical also will use Access Passport to manage documentation for the Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement program.
- Doctors Community Hospital in Lenham, Md., has selected the Express Connect interface engine of Summit Healthcare to integrate data from various information systems into the facility’s core electronic health record. A point-to-point integration approach was proving to be too costly, according to CIO Alan Johnson, and the interface engine will eliminate those one-at-a time costs.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access