Minneapolis-based ABILITY Network, a major Medicare transactions processing vendor, will acquire claims clearinghouse MD On-Line for an undisclosed sum.
The deal will give ABILITY, which primarily serves hospitals and post-acute facilities, a much larger presence in the ambulatory arena. Parsippany, N.J.-based MD On-Line offers a suite of claims clearinghouse services to more than 90,000 providers of various sizes, but mostly smaller practices with under 10 physicians. The company connects to more than 2,200 insurers and also sells practice management and electronic health records software.
Other recent news from HIT companies includes:
* Netsmart, a vendor of software for behavioral health, public health, social services and family health agencies, will integrate its practice management and electronic health records products with medication dispensing products of CareFusion, including the Pyxis MedStation ES. The products will link to Netsmarts RXConnect medication ordering and eMAR electronic medication administrative records software.
* Hearst Corporation has named Charles Tuchinda, M.D., as president of its First DataBank unit that offers drug reference databases. Previously an executive vice president at FDB and before that a vice president at hospital vendor Eclipsys (now part of Allscripts), Tuchinda succeeds Gregory Dorn, who also is president of the Hearst Health division. In addition to FDB, the division includes vendors Zynx Health (clinical decision support software), Milliman Care Guidelines (medical treatment necessity guidelines for payers and hospitals), Homecare Homebase (home health and hospice software) and CareInSync (cloud-based patient care transition management software).
* Philips Healthcare has developed a prototype wearable sensor that collects data from home-based patients suffering from COPD. The data tracks physical activity, respiratory indicators and sleep disturbances, according to the vendor. Patients can share data with clinicians and others of their choosing, who would view status data via Philips cloud-based eCareCompanion and eCareCoordinator platforms.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access