The Long Term and Post-Acute Care HIT Collaborative, a stakeholder consortium, had released its roadmap for health information technology priorities from 2012 through 2014.
The collaborative formed in 2005 and updates its roadmap every two years. Its top five near-term priorities are:
* Care coordination between hospitals, physicians, long term and post-acute providers and other providers;
* Quality and process improvement through coordinated quality measurement and improvement activities;
* Making health I.T. a business imperative to streamline processes, improve efficiencies and better share information;
* Accelerate consumer and caregiver engagement to foster cultural change across settings of care; and
* Promote development of technology skill sets across all levels of the long term and post-acute workforce.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access