Iowa HIE to piggyback on Minnesota initiative
December 15, 2017, 7:44 a.m. EST
Here is Health Data Management’s weekly roundup of new health IT contracts and go-lives:
- The Iowa Health Information Network will use an existing health information exchange platform in Minnesota to conduct its operations via Orion Health’s HIE platform. Integration vendor Koble Group, which also provides HIE services in North Dakota and several other HIEs across the nation, will provide accompanying services to the Iowa network.
- Firelands Regional Medical Center, a 424-bed facility in Sandusky, Ohio, now is live on the Meditech Web Enterprise Health Record EHR. The move came after Firelands evaluated its best-of-breed vendor approach and decided to go with the one patient, one record strategy of Meditech to improve care coordination. More than 250 physicians across 35 specialties have privileges at the hospital.
- Saber Healthcare Group, which owns 105 skilled nursing and assisted living facilities across six states has expanded its relationship with TripleCare, a vendor of telemedicine services. New clients include Ridgecrest Manor Nursing Home & Rehabilitation in Duffield, Va.; Kempsville Health & Rehabilitation Center in Virginia Beach, Va.; Falls Run Nursing and Rehabilitation in Fredericksburg, Va.; and Autumn Care of Chesapeake, Va.
- TriWest Healthcare Alliance, which provides behavioral health services to the U.S. Marine Corps, will implement a provider engagement portal from Availity to facilitate electronic communication between providers and third-party administrators in real-time. TriWest expects the portal will more easily support complete clinical and administrative transactions, electronic submission and editing of claims including unsolicited claims attachments, and amending and validating demographic information in accordance with TriWest business rules and data structure.
- Advocate Health Network, an accountable care organization affiliated with St. Joseph’s/Candler Health System in Savannah, Ga., has implemented care coordination products from Caradigm to support clinical decisions at the point of care. Advocate Health Network participates in the Shared Savings program by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. The Caradigm software will support inpatient and outpatient settings, as well as aggregating and normalizing clinical, operational and financial data from systems across the enterprise.