The Ingenix subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group is buying health information exchange vendor Axolotl Corp., which would be its fifth acquisition in 2010. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
San Jose, Calif.-based Axolotl is a major player in the HIE space with contracts covering more than 200 hospitals, 30,000 physicians, 20 regional health information exchanges and four statewide exchanges, according to the vendor. Eden Prairie, Minn.-based Ingenix, among other technologies, sells a variety of decision support applications that can be combined with HIE platform technology.
Other companies Ingenix has bought or announced it will buy in 2010 include:
* Executive Health Resources, a medical necessity compliance consultancy;
* Picis, which sells emergency, surgical and intensive care information systems;
* QualityMetric, a vendor of health outcomes measurement software; and
* CareMedic, which sells a range of revenue cycle management applications.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access