Government regulators and health information technology vendors have made multiple announcements in recent days, including:
* The Food and Drug Administration has published one of the shortest final rules ever, a technical amendment that changes the address for submitting requests to be exempted from bar code label requirements governing drug and biological products. The rule is available here.
* Emdeon Inc., a vendor of revenue cycle management software and claims clearinghouse services, has reported its fourth quarter and 2010 financial results. The Nashville-based company saw fourth quarter net income rise 219 percent to $15 million as revenue increased 15.5 percent to $275.7 million. For the year, Emdeon had net income of $33.2 million, up 137 percent, as revenue increased 9 percent to 1.002 billion.
* Sandlot LLC, a subsidiary of Fort Worth-based North Texas Specialty Physicians and operator of the independent practice association's health information exchange, has introduced a quality measurement and reporting application. Called SandlotQRM, the software enables prospective tracking of patients falling outside care guidelines and monitoring of performance against HEDIS, PQRI and meaningful use criteria. The software integrates with SandlotConnect, the vendor's HIE platform.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access