Among the health information technology announcements in recent days come these nuggets:
* Chuck Christian for two decades has served as director of information technology at Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes, Ind. He is a past chair of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, a charter member of the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives, and most recently was honored with the 2010 CHIME/HIMSS John E. Gall Jr. CIO of the Year Award. Now, he has the CIO title at Good Samarian following a recent promotion. And HDM is proud to have him as a member of its Editorial Advisory Group.
* Clinical decision support vendor Zynx Health will integrate into its ZynxOrder evidence-based order set the Micromedex drug, disease and laboratory reference content of Thomson Reuters. Both companies also have entered into a joint marketing agreement as Thomson Reuters will market the order set and Zynx will market the reference content. Zynx serves more than 1,700 hospitals and Thomson Reuters has about 3,500 hospital clients.
* Ingenious Med Inc., a vendor of charge/data capture and coding software for hospitals and physician practices, has raised $3.25 million in an investment from Council Ventures, Nashville, Tenn. The private equity firm joins existing investor Buckhead Investment Partners, Atlanta. Council Ventures CEO Tom Givens, co-founder and past CEO of community hospital information systems vendor Healthcare Management Systems, will serve on Ingenious Med's board.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access