Vendors and stakeholders have recently announced new reports and products, including:
* A new iPhone app, "Aspects of Anatomy," offers 38 short teaching videos from Peter Abrahams, professor of Clinical Anatomy at the University of Warwick Medical School in England. Using plasticized sections of the body, Abrahams demonstrates the function of nerves, tiny bronchioles, heart valves and other parts of anatomy, with a short test at the end. The app is available at iTunes stores for $4.99 British pounds, or about $8 U.S., with profits supporting the medical school's surgical training center.
* Curaspan Health Group, a vendor of Web-based software to manage hospital discharges and the transition of care, has analyzed aggregate 2010 data for 168 customers with 150 or more beds. Results show a 14 percent overall readmission rate compared with a national average of about 20 percent, and an average savings of $1.5 million a year per hospital, according to the vendor.
* ACOM Health's chiropractic-specific electronic health records software, called RAPID 7.0, has received certification as a Complete EHR supporting Stage 1 meaningful use criteria from the Certification Commission for Health Information Technology.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access