Customized speech recognition software for Epic electronic health records, easier access to patient drug education content, a new mental health EHR for New York, and a major clearinghouse ready for ICD-10 testing are among recent announcements from health information technology vendors:
* Nuance Communications has developed a version of the Dragon Medical 360 Network Edition speech recognition software to optimize use of the technology on electronic health records from Epic Systems Corp. The product, designed for virtualized environments, includes more than 1,000 customized EHR commands, pre-developed templates and content to create standard notes, along with consulting services.
* PDR Network, publisher of the Physicians’ Desk Reference and distributor of drug safety alerts, has introduced a new service to enable clinicians to access for patients educational content on prescribed medications through their electronic health records system. The PDR+ for Patients product can facilitate a physician-patient discussion during the visit that can improve medication adherence, according to the vendor. The content explains how the medication can benefit the patient, when results may start to be seen, how progress will be measured, and side effects and ways to manage them.
* Claims clearinghouse Capario is ready to conduct ICD-10 tests with submitting providers and vendor partners, the Santa Ana, Calif.-based company has announced. The vendor expects to be ready to test with payers in coming months. Capario directly connects to more than 74,000 provide and indirectly with 200,000 other providers via vendor partners, and has connectivity to more than 5,000 payers.
* NTT Data Inc. will integrate its Optimum Suite of administrative software into a new electronic health record system for the New York State Office of Mental Health. The software supports enterprisewide intake, scheduling, registration and bed management. Contractor CGI Group Inc. will implement the VistA-based EHR from DSS Inc.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access