* NextGen Healthcare Information Systems has received 2014 Edition Complete EHR certification for version 2.6 of NextGen Inpatient Clinicals, its hospital electronic health records system. Certification from the Certification Commission for Health Information Technology means the updated version complies with revised Stage 1 and Stage 2 meaningful use criteria. Types of costs to implement version 2.6 could include additional license and monthly subscription fees for the patient portal, First Data Bank content, monthly service fees, development interface/configuration fees, and integration fees, according to the vendor.
* Government contractor Harris Corporation has deployed technology to enable the U.S. Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs to securely exchange health information, reaching a milestone in a multi-year $80 million contract signed in March 2012. Called the Service Oriented Architecture Suite, the technology will improve collaboration between the departments by moving clinical and business data among disparate information systems.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access