Managing ICD-10 and FDA recalls, and major equity investments are among new announcements from health information technology vendors:
* Availity, a major vendor of claims clearinghouse and other revenue cycle management services, has announced its complete readiness for the ICD-10 code sets. The company has been testing with customers since October 2013 and continues to recommend that other clients test as early as possible. It also offers training and education.
* MD Buyline has introduced SmartMatch, which is software that searches a hospitals inventory for items that have been recalled and notifies appropriate staff members. The number of products that the Food and Drug Administration recalled rose 70 percent between 2007 and 2012, according to the vendor. It touts the new product as dramatically reducing the time and effort to resolving recalls.
* Medical House of Knowledge, known as MedHOK and a vendor of cloud-based care/quality/compliance management software for insurers and other risk-bearing entities, has raised $77.5 million in new equity investments. Bain Capital Ventures and Spectrum Equity participated in the funding and hold minority stakes in the company. MedHOKs clients cover more than 22 million health plan members.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access