New investments and services are among recent health information technology vendor announcements:
* North Bridge Growth Equity has invested $30 million, a minority stake, in Valence Health, a Chicago-based vendor of data collection and analysis software and services for providers and payers. The investment positions the company to better compete for contracts with providers and insurers participating in accountable care organizations and other new care delivery/payment models. North Bridge also assisted Valence Health in forming its first board of directors, on which it has representation.
* Claims clearinghouse Availity has launched a suite of clinical transactions processing services. They include real-time exchange of patient admission, concurrent review, lab results and discharge information between hospital and insurer case management staff; medical attachments; clinical summaries from physician electronic records systems to payers to reduce manual chart reviews; and integration of patient care history information from insurers into EHRs. Vendors athenahealth, Greenway, Jopari Solutions, NextGen, Passport Health Communications, Quest Diagnostics and Recondo Technology helped develop the service. Payer partners included Florida Blue, Health Care Service Corp., Humana and WellPoint.
* Physician software vendor Greenway Medical Technologies is piloting integration of its PrimeSuite electronic health records/practice management/health information exchange platform with Microsoft’s HealthVault. The integration supports automated population of personal health records with clinical summaries and other information.
* Health care venture capital firm Lemhi Ventures has invested $5 million in documentation vendor Shareable Ink. The company’s product enables physicians to handwrite on paper with digital pens that capture text and converts it to structured and codified data that is fed into an electronic health record system. Lemhi Ventures gets two seeks on the vendor’s board, including Tony Miller, managing partner, as chairman.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access