A reorganization, acquisition and investment are among recent health information technology vendor initiatives:
* Science Applications International Corp., an information technology contractor and consultancy, is splitting the company into two independent, publicly traded firms. A “technical services” unit will focus on government and enterprise business services. A “solutions unit” will focus on the national security, engineering and health care sectors. In the past year, SAIC bought the health I.T. consulting firms Vitalize Consulting Solutions and maxIT Healthcare. The technical unit will start as a $4 billion business with the solutions unit a $7 billion business, based on expectations for the fiscal year ending Jan. 31, 2013. SAIC expects the spin-off to occur during the second half of the next fiscal year.
* Ivo Nelson, founder of the Healthlink and Encore Health Resources consultancies, has increased his investment in analytics firm Health Care DataWorks and is now a “significant” shareholder, according to the vendor. No single shareholder holds a majority position. Nelson has served on the company’s board since 2008. He also is CEO of start-up investment advisory firm WealthLink, but the higher stake in Health Care DataWorks is a personal investment.
* The Risk Solutions unit of LexisNexis has acquired EDIWatch Inc., which sells fraud/waste/abuse detection, recovery and prevention software to health payers. LexisNexis, which is part of publisher Reed Elsevier, sells predictive modeling, data analytics and identity management services across multiple industries. EDIWatch co-founder Paul Slagle will join the Risk Solutions unit as senior director of fraud, waste and abuse solutions.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access