Health information technology vendors and organizations have announced several new products or initiatives in recent days, including:
* Perminova, a vendor of cardiology information systems, has raised $7 million in venture capital from unnamed sources. The company's software is deployed at UC San Diego Health System and Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City.
* Julie Klapstein will retire next March as CEO of claims clearinghouse Availity, with COO Russ Thomas succeeding her. Klapstein will remain vice chair of the board.
* UnitedHealth Group, one of the largest commercial insurers in the nation, will use the ICD Crosswalk Mapping software of HCL Technologies as it migrates from ICD-9 to ICD-10 code sets. In preparatory work, the vendor analyzed historical data for more than six months, including 600 million claims service lines.
* The Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange, an industry advocacy organization, has formed a dental workgroup to focus on unique requirements for the profession in such areas as HIPAA, HITECH and the Affordable Care Act. Co-chairs are Kathy Jonzzon of Delta Dental of California and Jean Narcisi of the American Dental Association. The workgroup is open only to WEDI members and more information is available at wedi.org.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access