New products and services are the focus of recent announcements from health information technology vendors:
* Iatric Systems has improved workflow of its OrderEase computerized physician order entry software for Meditech’s Magic hospital information system using technology from Order Optimizer Inc. Physicians using the OrderEase previously received multiple order sets when treating a patient with multiple conditions. Now, Order Optimizer’s Merging Engine software combines the orders--with evidence-based treatment suggestions for each condition--into one set with all duplicate orders removed.
* The Indiana Health Information Exchange will offer the ImageZone cloud-based medical image sharing platform of SeeMyRadiology.com. The platform includes encryption and compression technology. It enables providers to share images digitally via any personal computer or mobile device with an Internet connection, with no software download required at the recipient site.
* Revenue cycle management vendor MedData Inc. has introduced a mobile billing application for wound care. Physicians caring for nursing home patients can create a superbill using a laptop computer or tablet devices. Images of face sheets can be created with handheld scanners or phone cameras and attached to encounter records, which then are uploaded to MedData for billing.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access