Recent health information technology vendor announcements cover new customer wins and acquisitions:
* HealthHIE Nevada, a community health information exchange, has gone live on exchanging medical images. The HIE is using the image exchange software of eHealth Global Technologies. Steinberg Diagnostic Medical Imaging Centers and HealthInsight, a quality improvement organization that manages HealthHIE Nevada, worked with the vendor to launch the service. Physicians can use the HIE to access images and reports from Steinberg Diagnostic. The Axolotl unit of OptumInsight supplies the core HIE platform for HealthHIE Nevada.
* Wound care electronic health records vendor Net Health Systems has acquired rival Wound Care Strategies for an undisclosed price. The acquisition comes shortly after an investment in Net Health Systems by Spectrum Equity to build the vendor’s market share. With the buy, the combined companies will support more than half of the wound clinics in the nation. Cathy Thomas Hess, R.N., founder and president of Wound Care Strategies, will become a vice president and chief clinical officer at Net Health Systems.
* Trinity Health Corp. will implement enterprisewide the incident management reporting system of RL Solutions. Trinity is the 10th largest health system in the nation, with 49 hospitals, 432 outpatient facilities and 22 long-term care facilities in 10 states. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.
* Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas has licensed the MDinsight software of MDdatacor to support the Kansas Patient Centered Medical Home Initiative. The Web-based software is a platform that extracts data from physician records across provider systems and analyzes it against evidence-based guidelines to identify care opportunities in patient populations, according to the vendor. The Kansas Academy of Family Physicians, Kansas Association of Osteopathic Physicians, Kansas Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics, Kansas Chapter of the American College of Physicians, and Kansas Medical Society lead the medical home program. More information is available here.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access