A new service from 4Medica targets meaningful use, Healthrageous raises more money, and Allscripts has a new CFO:
* Los Angeles-based 4medica has introduced outsourced LOINC mapping services to aid laboratories in enabling physicians to incorporate lab results into the electronic health record as structured data. This is a core measure in Stage 2 of the meaningful use program. Labs must map test catalogs to standard LOINC identifiers, a labor-intensive program that 4medica now offers.
* Healthrageous Inc., which sells a personal health management platform that health insurers can offer to members, has raised $6.5 million in new financing, bringing its total to $15 million since 2010. Participants in the new round included North Bridge Venture Partners, Egan-Managed Capital, Long River Ventures, and an undisclosed investor. Healthrageous’ platform combines population health information from payers, uploaded medical device data and self-entered information from members, and personalized coaching tips to help members be more aware of their lifestyle decisions and the effects on their health status.
* Allscripts has named Richard Poulton as CFO, effective Oct. 29. He succeeds Bill Davis, who left the company in May. Dave Morgan, senior vice president of finance, has served as interim CFO. Poulton most recently served as CFO and treasurer at AAR Corp., a contractor for commercial aviation; and previously at United Air Lines as senior vice president of business development and CFO of the company’s Loyalty Services subsidiary.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access