Former Allscripts CEO Glen Tullman, now a founding partner of investment firm 7wire Ventures, has launched Livongo Health, which offers a suite of services to support management of chronic conditions, starting with diabetes.
Tullman is CEO of the company with headquarters in Palo Alto, Calif., and an office in Chicago. Investors include 7wire Ventures and General Catalyst Partners. The company offers a cellular glucose meter that transmits readings, activity levels and other data on how an individual is feeling to a cloud-based repository and analytics platform that analyzes the data and sends personalized suggestions back to the user. A virtual care team will reach out to the user if readings require clinical attention.
Other recent vendor announcements include:
* Health information exchange vendor Sandlot Solutions has raised $23.3 million in a new funding round. New investor Lemhi Ventures kicked in $17 million with the remaining proceeds coming from existing investors North Texas Specialty Physicians and Santa Rosa Holdings. The vendor also offers a data warehouse and analytics tools, as well as population health management software.
* Midas+, a unit of Xerox, has introduced a care management and analytics product to track the cycle of care from patient admission to discharge. The Juvo Care Performance Platform analyzes data and offers recommendations to better manage reimbursement, care quality, disease and infection management and regulatory compliance. The result, according to the vendor, is real-time predictions of patient and financial outcomes. Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System in South Carolina is a pilot site.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access